Cleveland Community College

Welcome to the Cleveland Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:

Thank you for choosing to further your education with CCC. On behalf of the entire Cleveland Community College faculty and staff, we welcome you and wish you all the best in your educational pursuits.

Returning students: If you have submitted an admissions application to Cleveland Community College during the past two (2) years, you are NOT required to reapply for admission. If you have already applied to all currently open terms, or are a current or returning student wishing to change your program of study or update your student data, please complete a Program of Study Change Form You will NOT need to complete a new application for admission.

Completed Program of Study Change forms may be returned to Student Services at Cleveland Community College or faxed to 704-669-4204. **Please do not attempt to change your program of study by submitting or resubmitting an online application**

Applications without a social security number: Applications submitted without a social security number require additional processing.  If you choose not to disclose your social security number, entry of your application will be delayed.  In addition, you should be aware that for some purposes, for example tuition tax, credit documents (1098T) and federal financial aid, social security numbers are required. Students wishing to provide their social security number by other means, may contact Brinson Blanton, Admissions Counselor, at 704-669-4103.

Applicants with name suffixes (ex. Jr., Sr., III, IV, II, etc): Please enter name suffix information in the suffix field, NOT the last name field. For example: If your name is John Doe Jr., please put Jr. in the suffix field and Doe in the last name field.

Returning applicants with name changes, address changes, and other data changes: Name Changes: Please do not complete a new application for admission until you have completed the Student Name Change form and submitted it to Student Services. This form is available on our website at or also in Student Services.

Address, phone, and other student information changes will be updated by submitting the Student Information Change form at

Admissions Checklist:

1.    Have official transcripts (original and sealed envelope) mailed from each of your previous schools—high schools, GED, and other colleges or universities. An official high school transcript is required for all students pursuing a program of study. Students intending to earn transfer credit must also submit official college/university transcripts. For registration, if you have not received notice of transfer credit, you should bring your copies of transcripts to registration to prove that prerequisites have been met.


2. Take the placement test(s). Most students seeking a degree, diploma, or certificate will need to take a placement test for reading, writing, and mathematics, as well as a computer placement test. To schedule a test, call 704-669-4210. For information on placement testing exemption, please contact Student Services at 704.669.4081.


3. Apply for financial aid online at For more information, call 704-669-4028.

The College reserves the right to refuse admission to a student if it appears that such action is in the best interest of the College and/or the student. Any student so refused may appeal this action through the Grievance Committee.

Students not seeking a degree, diploma, or certificate should select "Special Credit" as their major.

  • Please allow 72 hours for your application to be processed. Students are provided a student email account within 24 hours of the application being processed. Please visit for more information.
  • Once an application for admission has been completed and processed, students wishing to apply for financial aid must also complete the FAFSA at

The U.S. Department of Education provides information to students and parents about affordability and value through college scorecards. CCC’s scorecard is available by visiting:

Allied Health program applicants:

Allied Health applicants (those who are applying for the Associate Degree Nursing program, Practical Nursing program, Radiography program, Surgical Technology, and Phlebotomy program) must satisfy seperate, previously-established qualitative and quantitative admission requirements. These applicants are required to meet the academic and technical standards of the Allied Health curriculums.

Guidelines and requirements for admission into an allied health program may be obtained from the website at under Programs and Courses, then Allied Health Students.

Americans with Disabilities Act/Section 504 Regulations

Cleveland Community College, in compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 Regulations, does not discriminate and is dedicated to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for qualified adults. CCC’s mission is to help students achieve professional and personal goals by providing quality, accessible educational programs and services. With this in mind, we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for physically disabled or learning impaired students. Cleveland is dedicated to providing equal educational opportunities.

Last updated: 11/21/2013 3:27:00 PM ET

Application Instructions

Traditional Applicants:

  • Complete this online application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
  • Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen)
  • Make arrangements for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended and test scores to be sent to the admissions office.
  • Make arrangements for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.

Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:

  1. If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.

  2. You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
    • NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
      • If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
      • If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
      • If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by contacting

  3. Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.

Please be aware of the following:

  • You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
  • You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
  • During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
  • You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
  • You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
  • If you have additional questions about the C&CP program, please see your high school counselor. You may also find that the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides the answers to many questions.

High School Transcripts

Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and universities through We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

To send an electronic transcript, you must:

  • Make sure you have entered the following information in your profile and/or online admission application:
    • First and Last name - This must match your legal name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
    • NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE Student ID) - is your North Carolina public high school student identifier number and is only applicable to North Carolina High School students. Providing the NC Student Number is voluntary and if provided, will give you the opportunity to request your high school transcript electronically.
    • Current high school (or high school at time of graduation)
    • Date of birth
    • E-mail address
    • Gender
  • Be currently enrolled at or graduated from in 2013, a participating public high school in North Carolina that has converted from NC WISE to PowerSchool/HomeBase. If you are not sure about your school's current status or status at the time you graduated, check with your school counselor.

Important Announcement:

As of November 13, 2013, electronic transcripts for some schools are now being processed from NC DPI's new PowerSchool system. Please refer to the list of schools spreadsheet to see if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the new PowerSchool system, or if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the NC WISE system. The differences are described below.

PowerSchool: This means that currently enrolled students can now send electronic transcripts that contain their current student information from PowerSchool.
Please note there will be a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until later this academic year for students who graduated in summer 2013 or before. NC DPI is in the process of migrating historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool. If you graduated in summer 2013 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript.

NC WISE: This means that all currently enrolled students and former students can send electronic transcripts that contain their information from NC WISE. For currently enrolled seniors, please note that transcripts from NC WISE do not include any courses in which you are currently enrolled (Fall 2013).

Over the next few weeks NC DPI is working to transition all remaining schools to the new PowerSchool system. Please check this message area and the list of schools spreadsheet (link above) for the latest information.

If these conditions were met when you submitted your online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution.

If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).

Cleveland Community College
137 South Post Road
Shelby, NC  28152
How to Use the Cleveland Community College Online Application

To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).

After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.

When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.

Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.

This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.

Copyright © 2000-2009 Xap Corporation. All Rights Reserved. XAP and MENTOR are registered trademarks of XAP Corporation. Reg. U.S. Pat. & TM Off. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the XAP Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.