2015-2016 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Sandhills Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:|
Welcome to Sandhills Community College
Read these instructions thoroughly.
Then click "Begin Application for Sandhills Community College" at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are instructions for completing the online application and information regarding Admission procedures for both Degree-Seeking and Non-Degree Seeking Students. Please contact the Admissions Office at 910-695-3725 if you have questions or need assistance completing your application.
To complete the process we encourage you to submit your Social Security Number. Applications submitted without a Social Security Number require additional processing. If you choose not to disclose your Social Security Number, entry of your application will be delayed. In addition, you should be aware that for some purposes, for example, tuition tax credit documents (1098T) and federal financial aid, social security numbers are required. If you prefer, you can also visit the Admissions Office on the Sandhills Community College campus.
* * Applications are valid for two years. Please DO NOT submit multiple applications for an academic year. If you would like to change your major from what you previously indicated, if you need to update your address, phone number or e-mail, or would like to know what your next steps are in the admissions process, please contact the Admissions Office. * *
Degree, Diploma or Certificate Students|
- Submit Admissions Application.
- Upon receipt of acceptance letter, follow the instructions in your welcome packet and set up your student user account. This will allow you to receive important information regarding the steps to enrollment.
- Request Official High School, GED or Adult High School transcript.
- Request Official College transcripts from all previous schools attended.
- Complete the Placement Test or have official scores sent from previous school. * If you have a documented disability that requires testing accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Office before taking the Placement Test. *
- Meet with a pre-advisor after taking the Placement Test. (Optional, but strongly encouraged)
- Apply for Financial Aid. (Optional)
- Registration. (Dates and times will be given to you with your Pre-Advising information. Contact your advisor for an appointment to register for classes or participate in one of our New Student Registration Days.)
Non-Degree Seeking Students|
- Submit Admissions Application as a Non-Degree Seeking Student (Special Student).
receipt of acceptance letter, follow the instructions in your welcome
packet and set up your student user account. This will allow you to
receive important information regarding the steps to enrollment.
- Send documentation of pre-requisite courses as applicable.
- Contact the Student Success Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding registration.
* Non-Degree Seeking Students do not qualify for Financial Aid *
Last updated: 6/5/2014 9:55:00 AM ET
Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:
If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP
Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.
You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will
find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of
your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private
school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by
Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your
application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.
Please be aware of the following:
You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which
you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
If you have additional questions about the C&CP program, please see your high school counselor. You may also find that
the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides the answers to many questions.
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
|Sandhills Community College|
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374-8299
How to Use the Sandhills Community College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.