A message from the campus:|
- A first-year student (freshman) is defined as any applicant who has not taken any college-level coursework after completing high school.
- A transfer student is defined as any applicant who enrolled in a college or university after graduating from high school.
- A readmit student is defined as any applicant who has previously earned credit at Fayetteville State University. Students who are not enrolled for more than two consecutive semesters must apply for readmission to the university through the Office of Admissions.
- A special visiting student is defined as those who are taking courses for reasons other than earning a degree. Special visiting students must submit the Special Visiting Application for Admission found here.
Request that your high school guidance counselor send an official high school transcript to the Office of Admissions at FSU. High school seniors who have taken classes at a college/university need to send all college transcripts to Admissions.
Submit scores earned on the SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test I) or the ACT. If your high school cannot provide these scores, you should have them sent directly from the testing agency. The College Board SAT I code for FSU is 5212. The ACT code for FSU is 3098. Scores may be requested as follows:
College Entrance Examination Board
Princeton, NJ 08540
Telephone: (609) 771-7600
PO Box 451
Iowa City, Iowa 52243
Telephone: (319) 337-1270
Fayetteville State University defines a "Transfer" as any student that has completed the requirements of the K-12 system and has continued their education at a two or four year college/university prior to the submission of an application to FSU.
- All transfers under the age of 21 who have not obtained an associate degree, are required to submit an official high school transcript and official transcripts from each college/university attended. Applicants under the age of 21, who are missing one of the required high school units (MCR) - or have earned a GED must show the following coursework on their official college transcript: 24 Semester Hours.
- All transfers over the age of 21 are required to submit all official transcripts from each college/university attended.
Transfer students should remember that:
- Letter grades of "C" or higher must be obtained in college level coursework to be considered for transfer credit
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at all previous institution(s) and eligible to return to the last institution attended.
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher.
Second Baccalaureate Degree Seeking Students
Fayetteville State University defines second degree seeking students as any student that has previously completed the requirements for a Baccalaureate Degree.
- An earned degree must be reflected on official transcript
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Must submit transcripts from each college/university attended
Fayetteville State University defines a readmit as any student who was enrolled at FSU previously and not enrolled currently. If any other college or university has been attended since the previous enrollment at FSU, all of those transcripts must be received by the Admissions Office before readmission status can be determined. In addition, any holds placed on a student's account prior to when the student last left FSU, must be settled with the appropriate offices before the application will be processed.
FSU accepts qualified students from foreign countries. International applicants must satisfy all requirements for admission as outlined for other students, and must have command of written and spoken English. All records must be translated before they are submitted to the Admissions Office. Other required documentation includes:
- Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and/or the SAT I or ACT.
- A Certificate of Financial Responsibility and documentation showing sufficient financial resources during the student's stay in the United States.
- Official foreign transcript evaluation from an accredited agency displaying all school courses, grades, and G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale. We recommend:
World Education Services, Inc.
PO Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274
The I-20 will be issued once applicants have satisfied all admission requirements.
Last updated: 12/8/2015 4:38:00 AM ET
After reading the instructions, please fill out the online application as thoroughly as possible. Your failure to provide complete, accurate, and truthful information on this application will be grounds to deny or withdraw your admission, or dismiss you after enrollment. When you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button on the left column of any application screen. Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the application. Return it with a nonrefundable application fee of $40 to the Office of Admissions at Fayetteville State University. (Cashier's check or money order. No personal out-of-state checks accepted.)
Freshmen entering college for the first time are responsible for requesting that a copy of their high school transcript and SAT I or ACT scores be mailed directly to the Fayetteville State University Office of Admissions. High School seniors who have taken classes at a college/university need to send all college transcripts to Admissions. (All public universities in North Carolina require scores for the writing section of the SAT or ACT. The writing section of the test is included with the SAT, but if you are taking the ACT you must make sure to register for the "ACT Plus Writing".)
Transfer students are responsible for requesting that all official transcript(s) be mailed directly to the Fayetteville State University Office of Admissions from former institutions, to include high school.
Readmit applicants pursuing a degree must list all institutions attended since their last enrollment with Fayetteville State University and request that all official transcript(s) be mailed directly to the Fayetteville State University Office of Admissions.
Special visiting students are responsible for requesting an official copy of either their final high school transcript or transcript from a postsecondary institution (technical institute, community college, university, etc.) be mailed directly to the Fayetteville State University Office of Admissions.
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).