Carteret Community College

Welcome to the Carteret Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:
To apply for admissions, please read through the information below then click on the button at the bottom of the page titled
"Begin Application for Carteret Community College"

Health Science Applicants PLEASE READ THIS SECTION Before Completing Your Application:

The application period for Health Science programs (with the exception of Emergency Medical Science) begins on October 1st for the following fall semester. This means that you may not apply for a Health Science program until October 1st. You may however apply for the program, Health Science: Nurse Aide Diploma, which is the program that will allow you to work on pre-requisites and general education coursework. Once you have met the pre-requisites, you can then apply to your particular Health Science program beginning October 1st. Please review the admissions requirements for your specific program by clicking on:

Health Science Admissions Requirements

You are responsible for being aware of and meeting these requirements.

Visiting Students:

Health Science applicants must meet all of the admission requirements to be considered for admission.  You can only apply once online per semester.  If you are interested in applying for multiple programs (you may apply to a maximum of 2 health science programs), please contact the admissions office at (252) 222-6154 or via e-mail at

If you are applying to Carteret Community College to transfer coursework to your home college or are pursuing courses for for personal enrichment and are not in pursuit of a particular program of study, it is recommended that you apply to be a Special Credit/Visiting Student.

Special Credit/Visiting Students are required to provide proof of all prerequisites being met in the form of unoffical/officical transcripts or placement test scores.

Current High School Students:

You may not proceed with the online application. Contact Rick Hill,College and Career Promise advisor, to proceed with a dual-enrolled application for admission. Mr. Hillís contact information is 252-222-6153 or

Under the Age of 18 and Have Not Graduated from High School or Obtained GED:

If you are under the age of 18 and have not graduated from high school or obtained a GED, you may not register for college credit courses at Carteret Community College. Contact the Basic Skills office to discuss your options regarding obtaining a GED or Adult High School Diploma. Their contact information is 252-222-6195 or

Applications without a Social Security Number:

A social security number is not required for admission to Carteret Community College, but is required for you to receive financial aid, other financial assistance programs, acceptance into certain programs of study, and for federal reporting purposes for your tax information.

If you would prefer the college not have your social security number, you must print and complete a W-7 form found at the following link: then file this form with the IRS to receive your tax identification number. Once you receive this number, complete a W-9S form located at the following link: and submit this form to Carteret Community College via mail at: Carteret Community College, Admissions Office, 3505 Arendell Street-Morehead City,NC 28557 or via fax at: 252-222-6265 or visit the admissions office located in the McGee building.

Not furnishing your social security or tax identification number has the following consequences: you will not be able to receive financial aid and will not be able to receive the Federal IRS tuition expenses tax credit and you could be assessed a $100 fine by the IRS.

Until we receive one or the other, we will not be able to register you for classes.

Last updated: 7/22/2015 8:39:00 AM ET

Application Instructions



    • See Programs of Study to select the program to which you are applying. Go to Curriculum Programs.
    • If you are unsure of a program and would like to explore various careers, go to Plan for a Career.
    • Complete an online application for admission. Click the "Start Application to Carteret Community College" button at the bottom of this screen.
    • See Programs of Study to select the program to which you are applying. Go to Curriculum Programs.
    • For further information, contact the admissions office at or call (252) 222-6154.
    • All students using Veterans Educational Benefits must submit official transcripts.
    • Students in the following programs must submit official transcripts: Health Science and Basic Law Enforcement Training.
    • Students wanting transfer credit from other schools must submit official transcripts.


    • Determine payment: cash, third party payments, tuition waiver or financial aid.
    • Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to
    • The financial aid office will send an email to your school email account listing additional required documents. Submit all supporting documents by the college deadline.
    • The school code for Carteret Community College is 008081.
    • For further information, contact the financial aid office at or call (252) 222-6293.
    • Credit card payments are made online using WebAdvisor or cash/check payments are made at the business office in the McGee Building, Room 144.
    • To pay online, go to Web Advisor and use the login you were given in your welcome letter. Then click on Financial Information > Pay On My Account.
    • Review the academic calendar and be aware of the non-payment drop dates. All tuition must be paid in full or guaranteed by your financial aid award by these dates or your courses will be dropped. Go to Academic Calendar.
    • Visit the bookstore in the Bryant Student Center and purchase books for your courses.


    • Students may be exempted from the placement test if they meet certain criteria. Go to Schedule Placement Test to see if you meet these criteria.
    • If you are not exempt, schedule your placement test. Go to Schedule Placement Test.
    • Make sure to prepare for the placement test by reviewing the online Math, Reading and Writing study guides. Go to Schedule Placement Test.
    • For further information, contact the academic support office at or call (252) 222-6218.



    • All students attending college for the first-time must schedule an appointment to see a counselor for approval to register. Contact the Advising and Counseling Center at (252) 222-6060 to make this appointment.
    • Transfer students and students returning to Carteret Community College should contact their assigned program advisor to schedule an appointment for advising and approval to register.
    • Register online for your counselor approved courses using WebAdvisor.
    • Go to Web Advisor and use the login you were given in your welcome letter. Then click on Students > Register For Sections > Search And Register For Sections.

Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:

  1. If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.

  2. You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
    • NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
      • If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
      • If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
      • If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by contacting

  3. Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.

Please be aware of the following:

  • You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
  • You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
  • During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
  • You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
  • You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
  • If you have additional questions about the C&CP program, please see your high school counselor. You may also find that the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides the answers to many questions.

High School Transcripts

Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and universities through We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:

  • Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
  • Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
    • First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
    • NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
    • E-mail address
    • Gender
    • Date of birth
    • My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.

Important Announcement:

  • If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.

If these conditions were met when you submitted your online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution.

If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).

Carteret Community College
Attn: Admissions Office
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC  28557-2989
In-state telephone: (252) 222-6154
Out-of-state telephone: (252) 222-6154
Fax: (252) 222-6265
How to Use the Carteret Community College Online Application

To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).

After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.

When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.

Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.

This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.

Copyright © 2000-2009 Xap Corporation. All Rights Reserved. XAP and MENTOR are registered trademarks of XAP Corporation. Reg. U.S. Pat. & TM Off. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the XAP Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.