2016 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the East Carolina University online Application
note that this online application requires a separate user account different
from your ECU Admissions Portal account. Your ECU
Admissions Portal log-in will not work here. Use the online application in the ECU
Admissions Portal to apply for admission or create a separate new user
account for this online application, if you have not already done so.
to have your browser’s pop-up blocker off before starting this
Do not use this application if:
You already have an
account on the ECU
Plan to use a College
Board, ACT or NACAC application fee waiver.
Please use the ECU
Admissions Portal to apply.
Exception: Seniors may choose to use this application during CFNC’s
College Application Week.
Are a former ECU
student. Please use the readmission
Are an international
applicant. Please use the international
use this application if you are:
A new freshmen applicant
timely processing of your application, please be sure to complete the sections
dealing with your current and previous enrollment; all information about your
father and mother and/or guardian, including marital status; and all questions
concerning military service. Any gaps in
this information will cause your application to be incomplete delaying our
If you do not see the term for which you wish to apply, please contact
our office at email@example.com. Once you submit your application, we cannot change your start term.
• After reading the instructions, please fill out the online application as thoroughly as possible. Your failure to provide complete, accurate, and truthful information on this application will be grounds to deny or withdraw your admission, or dismiss you after enrollment. When you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button on the left column of any application screen. You will be asked to provide information for a valid credit or debit card, by Visa or MasterCard, to which the $70 non-refundable application fee will be charged.
• Request your high school transcript through CFNC. Please allow your counselor time to help you.
• If you have taken classes at a college/university please request that those transcripts be sent to us.
• Request your SAT and/or ACT scores be sent directly from the testing organization.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Enrollment Deposit by
Fall March 1
March 15 May 1
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to East Carolina University through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
o Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
o Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
o First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
o NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
o E-mail address
o Date of birth
o My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to us.
If you submitted an online admission application through the ECU Admissions Portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to us from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
Applicants who wish to pay by credit/debit card will follow the prompts to submit their application.
Eligible applicants who wish to use an approved application fee waiver (Freshmen applicants only):
1. Applicants using an application fee waiver request from the College Board will enter the unique alpha/numeric code found on the form. Please do NOT mail the form to us.
2. Applicants using a fee waiver from the ACT or NACAC will mail the form to the Admissions Office.
Please note that admission to the university does not guarantee admission to all degree programs.
A complete application for freshman admission includes:
- A printed application agreement statement
(press 'SUBMIT' after completing this application)
- A non-refundable application fee payable by
Credit/Debit Card or fee waiver request from the College Board, ACT or
- SAT/ACT scores
- An official high school transcript sealed by
the school showing class rank and cumulative grade point average; senior
year courses in progress
- Transcript showing any college or community credits