Haywood Community College

Welcome to the Haywood Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:

Thank you for your interest in Haywood Community College.

Please read the following carefully:

You are now preparing to submit an application to become a student at HCC.

Depending on your goals at Haywood Community College you will select a Program of Study and a semester you would like to begin attending.  The following information will help you in your choice:

  1.  Applications without Social Security numbers: Applications submitted withouta social security number will require additional processing. If you choose not to disclose your SSN, entry of your application will be delayed. In addition, you should be aware that for some purposes (such as IRS tax credits or deductions, entry to health science programs, Federal Financial Aid) social security numbers are required.
  2. Use your legal name: (no nicknames) Married women should use their maiden name for former/middle name.
  3. Determine your Program of Study (click here to see programs):
    • A Non-Degree Seeking (Special Credit): For students who plan to enroll in one or more courses but do not desire to graduate from a program. Example: A student taking one class to transfer to another institution
    • Associate Degree in Nursing: Applications will only be accepted Oct. 1-Jan 31 for the fall term. Pre-Nursing applications are always accepted.
    • Associate/Diploma in Professional Crafts: Applications will only be accepted for the fall term.  Pre-Professional Crafts applications are always accepted.
    • All other Associates, Diplomas, and Certificates: Applications are always accepted. 


What happens next?  When you complete your application you will receive an email with your next steps and a postcard via USPS mail.  You may also see more information by clicking here.

If I am considering financial aid or veteran's benefit: You must be fully accepted into a degree, diploma, or approved certificate program. Special Credit and most certificate programs are not approved for financial aid. 

If I am under 18 years of age: Print the Application Agreement Statement and return to the Office of Enrollment Management with appropriate parental or legal guardian's signature.

If I am applying for Nursing or Professional Crafts:  Remember these applications must be for fall and nursing will not be accepted until Oct. 1.

When do I register for classes? After you are fully accepted.  Remember to leave processing time and time to finish any application requirements (in your follow up email/postcard).  These must be completed before you will be accepted.

More questions? Please contact the Office of Enrollment at enrollment@haywood.edu, 828.627.4500, or http://haywood.edu/enrollment_management

We look forward to having you attend Haywood Community College.

Last updated: 8/4/2015 10:45:00 AM ET

Application Instructions

Traditional Applicants:

  • Complete this online application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
  • Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen)
  • Make arrangements for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended and test scores to be sent to the admissions office.
  • Make arrangements for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.

Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:

  1. If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.

  2. You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
    • NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
      • If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
      • If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
      • If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by contacting systems_accounting@dpi.nc.gov.

  3. Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.

Please be aware of the following:

  • You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
  • You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
  • During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
  • You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
  • You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
  • If you have additional questions about the CCP program, please see your high school counselor or visit the NC Career & College Promise website (http://www.ncpublicschools.org/ccp/).

High School Transcripts

Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:

  • Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
  • Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
    • First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
    • NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
    • E-mail address
    • Gender
    • Date of birth
    • My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.

Important Announcement:

  • If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.

If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution.

If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).

Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC  28721-9453
In-state telephone: (828) 627-2821
Out-of-state telephone: (866)GO.TO.HCC
Fax: (828) 627-4513
E-mail: enrollment.status@haywood.edu
Website: www.haywood.edu
How to Use the Haywood Community College Online Application

To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).

After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.

When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.

Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.

This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.

Copyright © 2000-2009 Xap Corporation. All Rights Reserved. XAP and MENTOR are registered trademarks of XAP Corporation. Reg. U.S. Pat. & TM Off. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the XAP Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.