2015-2016 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Richmond Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:|
Welcome to Richmond Community College!
Written below are instructions for completing the online application and information regarding Admission procedures for incoming students. Please contact the Admissions Office at 910-410-1730 if you have questions or need assistance completing your application.
*If you are a current high school, GED or, AHS student, please WAIT until you have a "FINAL" transcript (issued after completion of your studies) before requesting that it be sent to Richmond Community College. "EXPECTED" transcripts (issued before high school graduation) will only be used for Multiple Measures criteria for admissions.
*You can NOT apply for the Associate Degree Nursing or Practical Nursing Program using this application. Please apply for General Education instead. There is a separate application process for the Nursing Programs. The deadline to apply for either of the programs is always January 31st. Please contact a Student Services counselor at 910-410-1730 for further information.
Applications without a Social Security Number:
Although a Social Security Number is not required, without it, entry of your application will be delayed. In addition, Social Security Numbers are required for financial aid processing.
Changes to your application:
Applications are valid for ONE YEAR. Please do NOT submit multiple applications for the same academic year. Please do not attempt to change your current major or address, telephone number(s), or e-mail address by submitting an online application. If you have previously submitted an application, or are a current or returning student, visit or contact Student Services at Richmond Community College to make any changes.
- Submit Admissions Application. After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email and/or letter with further directions. Please keep for your records.
- Apply for Financial Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov). (Optional)
- Request an Official High School, GED or Adult High School transcript.
- If necessary, request Official College transcript(s) from all previously attended regionally accredited school(s) you would like reviewed for transfer credit.
- If you graduated from high school in 2013 or after, please contact a counselor in Student Services or the Admissions Office for other admissions options i.e. Multiple Measures. You will need a copy of your high school transcript.
- Take the Accuplacer Test (call 910-410-1730 Richmond Co. or 910-410-1831 Scotland Co. to schedule a time) or have official scores sent from previous school. Scores are good for five years. *You may exempt the placement test if you have an Associates Degree or higher or scored well on the SAT or the ACT. Please call 910-410-1730 for more information. * If you have a documented disability that requires testing accommodations, please contact Disabilities Services Counselor, Debbie Spurlin, at 910-410-1867 or email@example.com before taking the Placement Test. *
- Meet with a counselor after taking the college placement test.
- If the AccuplacerTest was not necessary for any of the above reasons, you will still need to contact a counselor. You may do so in person (Student Services Center, Lee Building, Main Campus) or by phone (910-410-1730).
- Upon receipt of your acceptance letter, follow the instructions to set up your student email account. This will allow you to receive important information regarding the steps to registration.
- Registration. (Dates and times will be given to you.)
Thank you for choosing Richmond Community College for your educational needs!
Last updated: 4/16/2015 3:51:00 PM ET
- Complete this online application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
- Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the
completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen)
- Make arrangements for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended and test scores to be sent to the admissions office.
- Make arrangements for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.
Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:
If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP
Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.
You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of
your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private
school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by
Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your
application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.
Please be aware of the following:
You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which
you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
If you have additional questions about the C&CP program, please see your high school counselor. You may also find that
the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides the answers to many questions.
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
|Richmond Community College|
PO Box 1189
Hamlet, NC 28345-1189
|In-state telephone: || ||910-410-1700 |
|Out-of-state telephone: || ||910-410-1700 |
|Fax: || ||(910) 582-7102 |
|Website: || ||www.richmondcc.edu |
How to Use the Richmond Community College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.