Students who are not US citizens must apply as an international student. You may be considered a freshman or transfer student. Students needing an F-1 Visa for the fall semester must file a complete application by May 1. Students needing an F-1 Visa for the spring semester must file a complete application by October.
In addition to your application, requirements for admittance of first-year or transfer international students are:
- Completed application (only on-line applications are accepted)
- Provide an official transcript in its original language from each secondary school, college or university attended.
- Provide an official English translation of any transcripts provided.
- Provide English Proficiency scores:
- If English is not your native language, provide evidence of proficiency in the English language by submitting scores on one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within 18 months of application. TOEFL is administered by the Educational Testing Service; registration and information are available at www.toefl.org.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) taken within 18 months of application. Registration and information are available at www.ielts.org.
- If English is your native language, take the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) through The College Board within 18 months of application. The SAT is administered through The College Board with registration and information available at www.sat.org.
- If you expect to participate in NCAA Division II Athletics you must provide a SAT score.
- All scores reports must be official and mailed directly to the St. Andrews Office of Admissions. Our testing code for the SAT is 5214, and TOEFL is also 5214.
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an English instructor, if English is not your native language.
- Provide an essay on why you wish to study in the US.
- Complete St. Andrews Immigration Status Form
- Complete statement of Financial Responsibility and Affidavit of Financial Support
When all of the above documents are received your application will be complete and an admit decision will be made. E-mail notification will follow communicating a conditional admit pending completion of final transcript evaluation and your I-20/visa requirements. Upon notification of admission you must:
- Present an evaluation of all academic documents compiled by an independent academic credential evaluation provider. St. Andrews requires all applicants to utilize one of the two credential evaluations services that follow:
- World Education Services (WES) . Applications for this evaluation may be obtained from the WES website at www.wes.org. WES requires a fee from the applicant for processing applications. (See additional information below.)
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF). Applications for this evaluation may be obtained from the IERF website at www.ierf.org.
- This completed evaluation must be received prior to SAPC releasing your I-20.
- Upon notification of admission, an enrollment deposit of $1,000 in US dollars only is required to hold your place in the entering class. This is not refundable and is applied to your first semester fees. This deposit must be received prior to St. Andrews release of your I-20.