Vance-Granville Community College

Welcome to the Vance-Granville Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:


Summer Classes Begin May 27, 2014

Advising for Summer Classes is going on NOW!

Please submit ALL of the following ASAP:

       Admissions Application

     Official High School & College Transcripts 

       Placement Testing



IMPORTANT:  It takes approximately five (5) business days to process your admissions application.  During the months of January, May, July, August, November, and December, application processing may take longer than 5 days.  Please be sure to submit your application early, in order to begin the semester of your choice.  Please be sure to use your own CFNC login and password. 

Please read the following:

If you have enrolled in a curriculum program at Vance-Granville Community College during the past three years, you do not need to submit a new application.  Please contact the Admissions Office at (252) 738-3234 to verify your information on file is correct.

Applications without Social Security Numbers:

Please be advised that applications submitted without a social security number require additional processing.  If you choose not to disclose your social security number, entry of your application will be delayed.  In addition, you should be aware that for some purposes, for example, tuition tax credit document (1098T) and federal financial aid, social security numbers are required.

Changing your program of study:

Current or returning students who wish to change their program of study should visit our Student Learning and Success Center at any Vance-Granville Community College Campus.  Please do not attempt to change your program of study by submitting or resubmitting an online application.

Special Student Status:

Special Student Status (T90990) is available for students who wish to enroll in one or more college credit courses but do not intend to complete a degree, diploma, or certificate with Vance-Granville Community College.  There is a limit of twelve (12) semester hours of credit that can be taken and financial aid is typically not awarded.

Health Sciences Programs:

Health Sciences Programs have special admissions requirements.  This is necessary because these programs are limited in the number of students that can be admitted each year.  Guidelines and requirements for admission into a Health Sciences Program may be obtained by visiting the Division of Health Sciences website at


All applicants to Allied Health Programs will be placed in the Associate in General Education General Science program pending acceptance into a Health Sciences Program.

Career and College Promise (CCP)

High School Juniors and Seniors may be eligible to participate in Career and College Promise.  When applying to VGCC, please choose Career and College Promise as your major choice.   


Before submitting your online application, please review to make sure the spelling of your name, date of birth, social security number, mailing address, e-mail address, and residency information are correct. 

***Note:  Name and social security number changes will not be processed without legal documentation, such as driverís license, social security card, or court documents.***

Thank you for your interest in Vance-Granville Community College.  We look forward to helping you meet your educational goals.


Last updated: 3/11/2014 12:50:00 PM ET

Application Instructions

Traditional Applicants:

  • Complete this online application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
  • Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen)
  • Make arrangements for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended and test scores to be sent to the admissions office.
  • Make arrangements for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.

Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:

  1. If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.

  2. You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
    • NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
      • If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
      • If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
      • If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by contacting

  3. Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.

Please be aware of the following:

  • You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
  • You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
  • During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
  • You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
  • You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
  • If you have additional questions about the C&CP program, please see your high school counselor. You may also find that the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides the answers to many questions.

High School Transcripts

Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and universities through We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

To send an electronic transcript, you must:

  • Make sure you have entered the following information in your profile and/or online admission application:
    • First and Last name - This must match your legal name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
    • NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE Student ID) - is your North Carolina public high school student identifier number and is only applicable to North Carolina High School students. Providing the NC Student Number is voluntary and if provided, will give you the opportunity to request your high school transcript electronically.
    • Current high school (or high school at time of graduation)
    • Date of birth
    • E-mail address
    • Gender
  • Be currently enrolled at or graduated from in 2013, a participating public high school in North Carolina that has converted from NC WISE to PowerSchool/HomeBase. If you are not sure about your school's current status or status at the time you graduated, check with your school counselor.

Important Announcement:

As of November 13, 2013, electronic transcripts for some schools are now being processed from NC DPI's new PowerSchool system. Please refer to the list of schools spreadsheet to see if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the new PowerSchool system, or if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the NC WISE system. The differences are described below.

PowerSchool: This means that currently enrolled students can now send electronic transcripts that contain their current student information from PowerSchool.
Please note there will be a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until later this academic year for students who graduated in summer 2013 or before. NC DPI is in the process of migrating historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool. If you graduated in summer 2013 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript.

NC WISE: This means that all currently enrolled students and former students can send electronic transcripts that contain their information from NC WISE. For currently enrolled seniors, please note that transcripts from NC WISE do not include any courses in which you are currently enrolled (Fall 2013).

Over the next few weeks NC DPI is working to transition all remaining schools to the new PowerSchool system. Please check this message area and the list of schools spreadsheet (link above) for the latest information.

If these conditions were met when you submitted your online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution.

If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).

Vance-Granville Community College
PO Box 917
Henderson, NC  27536-0917
Fax: (252) 430-0460
How to Use the Vance-Granville Community College Online Application

To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).

After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be re-entered prior to submittal.

When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.

Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.

This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.

Copyright © 2000-2009 Xap Corporation. All Rights Reserved. XAP and MENTOR are registered trademarks of XAP Corporation. Reg. U.S. Pat. & TM Off. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the XAP Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.