2016-2017 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Wilkes Community College Online Application
A message from the campus:|
Thank you for your interest in Wilkes Community College.
How to Enroll:
1) Submit a completed Wilkes Community College application for admission.
2) Request that a copy of your high school transcript be mailed to the WCC Admissions/Student Services office after high school graduation. (Exceptions: Concurrent enrollment, non-degree seeking students, and applicants who have earned an A.A., A.A.S. or baccalaureate degree are not required to submit a high school transcript. Students applying for Associate Degree Nursing, Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Science, Radiography or Respiratory Therapy must request a high school transcript be mailed as soon as possible after the submission of the application.)
3) Request transcript(s) for all completed college work, if applicable. Please Note: If you have previously applied to Wilkes Community College or enrolled in curriculum (credit) courses, please list Wilkes Community College as a previously attended college and the dates of attendance.
4) Unless exempt, complete placement testing requirements. Additional placement testing information is available at www.wilkescc.edu (under the New & Current Students section, click on Admissions, select Placement Testing under Getting Started).
5) Participate in New Student Orientation.
6) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Wilkes Community College school code is 002983.
Visit www.wilkescc.edu/admissions/ for more information about enrollment procedures.
Throughout the year, Wilkes Community College employees or agents
may take photographs and/or video footage of students and college activities.
Photographs and/or video footage may appear in various Wilkes Community College
materials including Wilkes Community College’s website, newsletters, brochures
and other marketing and advertising materials. If you do not want your
photograph or image to be included in these or other promotional materials, please
contact Britt Billings, Coordinator of Recruiting and Marketing, at (336) 838-6509 or
Community College is an equal opportunity institution, in compliance and
agreement with the provisions set forth in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. No
person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, political affiliation, gender, age, disability or sexual
Last updated: 1/13/2016 11:16:00 AM ET
- Complete this online application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
- Print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the
completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen)
- Make arrangements for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended and test scores to be sent to the admissions office.
- Make arrangements for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.
Career and College Promise (CCP) Applicants:
If your high school counselor has pre-approved you for participation in Career & College Promise, you may complete and submit your application. Otherwise, you must complete the CCP
Status Form and select specific CCP Pathway(s) before completing this application.
You will be required to provide your NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE ID) or Unique Identifier when completing the status form, if you do not know your NC Student Number, you will find it on your most recent report card, or you may obtain your ID from your high school counselor.
NC private school or home school students: If you do not know whether you have an NC Student Number, please take your next steps based on the following information:
If you were a NC public student in 2008 or later, please contact the school or district where you attended school. The district will have a record of
your NC Student Number and can provide that for you.
If you are a current NC private school student who has not attended an NC public school since 2008, please check with the counselor at your private school; some private
school students receive NC Student Numbers under certain circumstances.
If you are a NC private school or home school student and do not have an NC Student Number, you may obtain a Unique Identifier (UID) by
Once you have completed the CCP Status Form and your counselor has approved your pathway selection, please review the information below carefully, then complete and submit your
application. Your NC Student Number/UID also will be required on Screen 2 of the application.
Please be aware of the following:
You should identify yourself as a CCP participant on Screen 3 of the application.
You should print the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application and keep it for your records. (Additional instructions may be included on the submittal screen.)
During the application process, you will be asked to identify the College Transfer and/or Career & Technical Education, OR a Cooperative and Innovative High Schools pathway in which
you wish to participate. If you are unsure, you may save your application and return to it later.
You will not be able to submit an incomplete application.
You should arrange for official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended as well as required test scores to be sent to the appropriate community college admissions office.
If you have additional questions about the CCP program, please see your high school counselor or visit the NC Career & College Promise website
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
|Wilkes Community College|
1328 S. Collegiate Drive, PO Box 120
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
How to Use the Wilkes Community College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.