2015-2016 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Meredith College Freshman Application
A message from the campus:|
|Thank you for submitting your application to Meredith College. Please refer to the directions below for additional application requirements that may be needed to complete your application. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received and processed via email within a few days. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (919) 760-8581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Last updated: 11/6/2015 5:09:00 PM ET
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This application consists of one or more additional forms available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
To view and/or print these documents (indicated by the symbol) you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have problems with Acrobat Reader, click here for Acrobat Reader customer support.
- Students must thoroughly complete all sections of the application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
- When submitting your application, choose your payment method: credit card, check or money order. If paying by check or money order, print a copy of the page that confirms you have successfully submitted your application and mail in the copy with your check or money order to assure correct assignment of your payment to your application.
- The following writing sample is an important component of your application. Please submit your thoughtful response to the following question: StrongPoints®, Meredith's unique advising and personal coaching program, will help you identify, develop, and use your strengths to build a plan for success at Meredith and beyond in four areas: academic planning, experiential planning, career planning, and financial literacy. Please reflect on your strengths, as you know them, and describe an experience in which you used your strengths to plan for success during your high school years – in the classroom or beyond. If you choose to submit this separately from your application, please be sure your name appears on any mailed attachment(s).
- In addition to the application, essay and application fee, you must submit additional required documents before your application is considered "complete." See your student type below for the documents that are required.
- Home schooled students: in addition to the documents listed above and by student type below, two references, one of which must be from a non-family member, and an interview with an admission counselor is required.
- Interviews and Campus Visits: A campus visit is strongly recommended. To schedule a visit and/or interview, contact the Office of Admissions at 919-760-8581 or email@example.com. The Office of Admissions may request an interview, additional writing sample and/or additional recommendations.
- For non-U.S. citizens: A photocopy of passport, permanent resident card, visa and/or I-94 card will be required for enrollment.
Applications are read and evaluated on the following:
We offer two admission programs: Early Decision and Regular Decision.
- Official High School Transcript: Attention is given to rigor of coursework, grades earned and grade trends.
- Units of Credit
- Class Rank - when available
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) Scores
- Secondary School Report
- Strength of essay and writing ability
- Activities and Academic Honors
If Meredith is your first choice for college, apply under the Early Decision Plan. The ED agreement is binding. If accepted you will enroll at Meredith, withdraw applications from all other colleges, and submit a non-refundable $200 deposit by December 15. To be considered, select the Early Decision option on the application and submit your completed application and credentials by October 30. You must also submit the Early Decision Plan form.
Regular Decision candidates are those who wish to apply to a number of colleges and should complete the application process during the fall or early winter of their senior year. The recommended deadline for Regular Decision is February 15.
Below are links to the additional forms required to complete your application. Please print them now.
Or find them at: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/apply/items-and-forms
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
Office of Admissions
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
How to Use the Meredith College Freshman Online Application
To complete the application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.