2014-2015 APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Meredith College Online Application
A message from the campus:|
Thank you for your interest in applying to Meredith College. Once you submit your application, please be sure to sign and return the confirmation page and include the $40 application fee or acceptable fee waiver.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-MEREDITH or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 11/27/2013 12:14:00 PM ET
NOTE: This application consists of one or more additional forms available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
To view and/or print these documents (indicated by the symbol) you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have problems with Acrobat Reader, contact Acrobat Reader customer support.
- Students must thoroughly complete all sections of the application. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column of the application and follow the directions.
- Sign and return the application agreement statement that appears after you submit your application, along with the $40 non-refundable application fee or acceptable fee waiver (check or money order payable to Meredith College).
- The following two-part writing sample is an important component of your application. Please submit your thoughtful response to the following questions (maximum combined length should be no longer than 500 words): A. Describe the attributes of a Meredith education that make it a good fit for your future. B. Provide a personal example which demonstrates your commitment to planning, pursuing, and reaching your goals in the face of a challenge. If you submit this separate from your application, please be sure your name appears on any mailed attachment(s).
- In addition to the application, application fee and essay, you must also submit the required secondary school records, college/university transcripts (if applicable), test scores and recommendations. See information below regarding items required for your specific student type.
- Home-Schooled Students: In addition to the requirements above, an interview with an admissions officer and one recommendation from a reference who is not related to the applicant is required.
- Interviews and Campus Visits: A campus visit is highly recommended. To schedule a visit and/or interview, contact the Office of Admissions at 919-760-8581 or email@example.com. The Office of Admissions may request an interview, additional writing sample and/or additional recommendations.
- For non-U.S. citizens: A photocopy of passport, permanent resident card, visa and/or I-94 card will be required for enrollment.
Applications are read and evaluated on the following:
We offer two admission programs: Early Decision and Regular Decision.
- Official High School Transcript: Attention is given to rigor of coursework, grades earned and grade trends.
- Units of Credit
- Class Rank - when available
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) Scores
- Recommendations from School Officials
If Meredith is your first choice for college, apply under the Early Decision Plan. The ED agreement is binding. If accepted you will enroll at Meredith, withdraw applications from all other colleges, and submit a non-refundable $100 deposit by December 15. To be considered, select the Early Decision option on the application and submit your completed application and credentials by October 30. You must also submit the Early Decision Plan form.
Regular Decision candidates are those who wish to apply to a number of colleges and should complete the application process during the fall or early winter of their senior year. The recommended deadline for Regular Decision is February 15.
Below are links to the additional forms required to complete your application:
For more information visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/freshmen
Any student who has attended another college or university after graduating from high school is considered a transfer student. If you do not meet the criteria for transfer admission and you are age 23 or older, you may be eligible for conditional admission (23+ Program).
To be admitted to Meredith, the transfer student is expected to:
The priority application date for students entering for the fall semester is April 1 and November 15 for the spring semester.
- Have 30 or more hours of college coursework with at least 18 hours that meet General Education requirements
- Have a C or higher in a college transferrable math class at an accredited institution, or have completed Algebra I, II and Geometry in high school
- Have at least a C average on all courses attempted at post-secondary institutions
- Be eligible to return to the last institution regularly attended in good standing and be recommended by college officials
- Applicants with fewer than 30 transferrable credits at the time of application, or more than 30 transferrable credits at the time of application but less than 18 transferrable General Education credits, must meet freshman application requirements including submission of SAT or ACT and official high school transcript.
Below are links to the additional forms required to complete your application:
For more information visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/transfers
An international student should apply well in advance of the time she wishes to enter the College. Sufficient time is required for the processing of all required application documents, the review of financial documents and processing of your I-20 in time to secure a visa from a U.S. Consulate.
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants must ensure that their secondary school records include a complete listing of courses taken and grades obtained, as well as the results of any national or external examinations taken. A certified English translation is required.
Applicants must demonstrate proficiency of the English language by submitting official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or test of the English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum accepted scores for the TOEFL are 79 on the internet-based test, 213 on the computer-based test and 550 on the paper-based test. The minimum accepted score on the IELTS is a 6.
Any student with university-level work from a foreign university must provide a present course-by-course evaluation of her academic documents compiled by an approved international credential evaluation service.
For more information visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/international
If you are a degree-seeking student who was previously enrolled at Meredith but did not complete the semester immediately preceding the term you wish to enter, you must apply for re-admission to the College, unless you are returning from an approved leave of absence.
To find out more about re-admission and to access the Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/readmits_others
Second Degree Applicants
Students who wish to seek a second degree must have completed their first baccalaureate degree prior to enrollment.
For more information visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/readmits_others
Conditional Admission (23+ Program) Applicants
To receive conditional admission to Meredith College, the applicant must:
Applicants seeking conditional admission may be asked to complete an interview with an Admissions officer.
- Be over 23 years of age as of the first class day of the term she wishes to enroll
- Have graduated from high school or have earned a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Have passed Algebra I or its equivalent in high school with at least a C or have passed a college transferrable math class at an accredited institution with at least a C
- Students not meeting the mathematics requirement must take a course equivalent to Algebra I or a college transferrable math course at an accredited institution and pass with at least a C, prior to earning admission
For more information visit: http://www.meredith.edu/admissions/adults
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
To send an electronic transcript, you must:
- Make sure you have entered the following information in your profile and/or CFNC.org online admission application:
- First and Last name - This must match your legal name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
NC Student Number (formerly NC WISE Student ID) - is your North Carolina public high school student identifier number and is only applicable to
North Carolina High School students. Providing the NC Student Number is voluntary and if provided, will give you the opportunity to request your high school
- Current high school (or high school at time of graduation)
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
Be currently enrolled at or graduated from in 2013, a participating public high school in North Carolina that has converted from NC WISE to PowerSchool/HomeBase.
If you are not sure about your school's current status or statusat the time you graduated, check with your school counselor.
As of November 13, 2013, electronic transcripts for some schools are now being processed from NC DPI's new PowerSchool system. Please refer to the
list of schools spreadsheet to see if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the new
PowerSchool system, or if your school is in a district that has chosen to send from the NC WISE system. The differences are described below.
PowerSchool: This means that currently enrolled students can now send electronic transcripts that contain their current student information from PowerSchool.
Please note there will be a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until later this academic year for students who graduated in summer 2013 or before. NC DPI is in the process of
migrating historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool. If you graduated in summer 2013 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript.
NC WISE: This means that all currently enrolled students and former students can send electronic transcripts that contain their information from NC WISE. For currently enrolled seniors, please
note that transcripts from NC WISE do not include any courses in which you are currently enrolled (Fall 2013).
Over the next few weeks NC DPI is working to transition all remaining schools to the new PowerSchool system. Please check this message area and the list of schools spreadsheet (link above) for
the latest information.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
Office of Admissions
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
How to Use the Meredith College Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.