APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Welcome to the Lenoir-Rhyne University Online Application
A message from the campus:|
Thank you for your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University! This application is for first time freshman students only. If you are interested in transferring to Lenoir-Rhyne, a Graduate Studies or applying for re-admission to Lenoir-Rhyne University please visit our application website.
You can mail your $35.00 application fee by check or money order to our admissions office. Our address is listed on the last page of your application. If you wish to pay with a credit card, please contact our office at 800-277-5721 or you can pay online.
Once you have submitted your application, please print off the application agreement for your records. However, it is not required to send us a copy. Also do not forget to send your transcripts and test scores to us.
Please be sure to contact our office if you have any questions.
Lenoir-Rhyne University Enrollment Management
800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300
Last updated: 7/17/2015 1:11:00 PM ET
NOTE: This application consists of one or more additional forms available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
To view and/or print these documents (indicated by the symbol) you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have problems with Acrobat Reader, contact Acrobat Reader customer support.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Send your nonrefundable $35 application fee (check or money order made payable to Lenoir-Rhyne University), along with your application agreement statement (which appears after you submit your application online), to the Admissions Office.
Applicants for freshman admissions must also complete the following steps:
- Ask your guidance counselor to forward an official copy of your high school transcript. Be sure that a list of senior courses, test scores, and rank in class (if applicable) is included.
- All candidates for admission to the freshman class are required to take the SAT Reasoning Test OR the ACT. If students take the SAT Reasoning Test, Lenoir-Rhyne University requires the essay/standardized writing test. If a students takes the ACT, Lenoir-Rhyne requires the test be taken with the writing section. Candidates should take these examinations in the spring of their junior year and/or in the fall of their senior year.
- Upon high school graduation, a final transcript must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions.
Applicants for transfer admission must also complete the following steps:
- Have a transcript of all college work sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Have a copy of your high school record and SAT scores forwarded to the Office of Admissions if you have not completed 30 semester or 45 quarter hours of college work.
Applicants for International Admission must complete the following steps:
- Application for admission.
- A non-refundable check for $35 payable to Lenoir-Rhyne University for application processing.
- Proof of Immigration Status.
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency, if English is not your native language.
- Submit transcripts and credentials from foreign universities to credential service approved by LRU.
- Complete a certificate of financial responsibility.
- Submit a student health and immunization record following your acceptance to LRU. This form must be presented when you arrive on campus.
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).
LR Box 7227
Hickory, NC 28603
|In-state telephone: || ||(800) 277-5721 |
|Out-of-state telephone: || ||(800) 277-5721 |
|Fax: || ||(828) 328-7378 |
|Website: || ||www.lr.edu |
How to Use the Lenoir-Rhyne University Online Application
To complete the online application, simply type your answers in the corresponding fields or
select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections
listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens,
we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or
omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise,
your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip
to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump
function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be
re-entered prior to submittal.
When you have completed the application please check your work. When you are ready, click
the 'SUBMIT' button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here if you have any technical questions or need assistance with this online application.
This application is brought to you by the Xap Corporation.