A message from the campus:|
you for your interest in the University of North Carolina School of the
Arts. The Office of Admissions looks forward to working with you on the
application process for the Fall of 2016. Please contact us either by
phone (336.770.3290) or by email (email@example.com) if you have
questions or need assistance.
applicants must audition or interview with arts faculty. Audition and
interview dates are listed on the Admissions page of each arts school. Be
sure to check the application priority dates.
required application documentation must be on file in order for you to audition
or interview. Information about accessing your application and
documentation will be sent to you by email. If you have a spam filter in place
be sure you do not block emails from UNCSA.
Office of Admissions
UNC School of the Arts
Last updated: 8/26/2015 2:10:00 PM ET
Please visit the following link for a complete and detailed summary of the application process and requirements: Undergraduate Application Instructions
Freshman (Undergraduate BFA or BM)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- English 4 units emphasizing grammar, composition and literature
- Foreign language - 2 units of the same language (American Sign Language does apply)
- Social Studies - 2 units including 1 unit of U.S. History
- Mathematics - 3 units to include Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry or a higher level course for which Algebra II is a prerequisite; in addition it is recommended that the applicant complete a fourth course unit
- Science - 3 units with at least 1 unit in a life or biological science, at least 1 unit in a physical science (for example, earth science, chemistry, physics) and 1 must include a lab
Transfer Students and Applicants Seeking a Second Degree
- Applicants with less than 30 transferable academic credit hours must supply a high school transcript and SAT or ACT score. Transfer applicants must have completed 30 transferable academic credit hours at a college or university to which they are eligible to return do not have to submit an SAT or ACT score.
Audition/Interview Information and Dates
All applicants to UNC School of the Arts must audition or interview with arts faculty. Scheduled audition/interview dates for each arts department can be viewed by clicking on the following link: Audition/Interview Dates.
Please review this information before starting your application as you must enter a scheduled audition/interview date and location on your application.
Undergraduate Audition/Interview Dates (BFA or BM)
*Note: Filmmaking applicants are pre-screened to determine whether or not an interview will be granted. DO NOT make travel arrangements until you have been contacted by the Office of Admissions.
You have the option to pay the application fee online or to choose check/money order. The application fee is non-refundable.
- $95 for U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents and $130 for Non-Resident Aliens. Do not send cash.
- International applicants must choose the check payment option; do not use the credit card option. International applicants must pay by Peer Transfer and should use this link: http://uncsa.peertransfer.com
- If you choose to pay with a check or money order, it should include your full legal name and made payable to UNCSA through a U.S. bank. Mail your payment, along with your signed Application Agreement Statement, to the following address:
Office of Admissions
UNC School of the Arts
1533 South Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
- If you are using a fee waiver, please select the “Check/Money Order” option on the payment screen
- If you cannot afford the application fee, please submit a SAT or ACT Fee Waiver request signed by your high school counselor
High School Transcripts
Most North Carolina public high schools now have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts to all 110 North Carolina colleges and
universities through CFNC.org. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.
In order to send electronic transcripts, you must:
If these conditions are met, you are ready to proceed to the Transcript Manager. A successfully requested transcript should be received by the college within 1-2 business days.
- Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina.
- Make sure you have entered the following information in the This is Me section of Your Profile:
- First and Last name - This must match your NC SID name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
- NC Student Number (formerly NCWISE Student ID) - This can also be found on your report card.
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- My Account is connected to (the high school where you are currently enrolled, or were enrolled at the time of graduation)
- If you graduated in summer 2012 or before, you will need to contact your high school directly to request a transcript. Please note this is a temporary process change for electronic transcripts until NC DPI migrates historical data from NC WISE to PowerSchool.
If these conditions were met when you submitted your CFNC.org online application, you will then be presented with the option to request your high school transcript
be sent electronically to that institution.
If you submitted an online admission application through another website or university portal, we encourage you to request your high school transcript be sent
electronically to that institution from the CFNC Transcript Manager (located under the Apply tab → To College → Transcript Manager).